Search the FSPR to identify registered financial service providers (FSPs) and find out which services they're registered or licensed to provide, their business address, whether they belong to a Dispute Resolution Scheme (DRS) and what the status of their registration is.
How to search
You can search for a financial service provider (FSP) using their name or registration number. To view results on screen, enter your search criteria into the 'Search' field. Select the 'Advanced search' link to narrow down your results.
If you're searching for an:
- entity, enter the first word or two of its name — for example, the company name — or its New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- individual, enter their surname first.
Being licensed in New Zealand doesn't necessarily mean the provider is licensed or regulated in any other country.
Full list of unlicensed (unregulated) financial services
- Wholesale and/or generic financial services
- Financial advisers
- Employer or principal of a financial adviser
- A broking service (including a custodial service)
- Keeping, investing, administering, or managing money, securities, or investment portfolios on behalf of other persons
- Being a creditor under a credit contract
- Operating a money or value transfer service
- Issuing and managing means of payment
- Giving financial guarantees
- Participating in an FMC offer as the issuer or offeror of the financial products
- Custodian of a registered scheme
- Custodian of DIMS licensee
- Acting as an issuer for regulated products or financial products offered under an offer under the Financial Markets Conduct Act (FMC offer)
- Acting as a supervisor for regulated products or financial products offered under an FMC offer
- Acting as an investment manager for a registered scheme
- Changing foreign currency
- Trading financial products or foreign exchange on behalf of other persons
- Providing forward foreign exchange contracts.
Use the advanced search option to refine your search by:
- type of FSP, including an individual or a company
- type of financial service they provide — for example, insurer, non-bank deposit taker or registered bank
- name search option — for example, you can search for aliases and previous names
- provider status — registered or deregistered.
You can also refine your search using address keywords, such as the street name, city, postcode or country where the financial service provider is located.Advanced search
Using APIs to search the FSPR
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) offers a range of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces), which help our customers build software that connects directly to our systems. This includes an API that can be used to search and get details from the FSPR.