If your financial service provider (FSP) has been deregistered, you can in certain circumstances apply to have it reregistered. There's no fee for reregistration, but you must apply within 60 calendar days of being deregistered.
Who can reregister
Authorised people or organisations can apply for reregistration on behalf of the FSP. This applies to individual FSPs and to entities that have registered as an FSP. If you’re an individual FSP, you can also submit a reregistration request yourself.
You can only reregister if your FSP:
- was still in the business of providing a financial service when it was deregistered, or
- was deregistered because you didn't pay fees or levies that were due. In this situation we can only accept your reregistration application once you have paid all overdue fees and levies.
How to apply
You’ll need to have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR)
- authority to manage information for the FSP.
To apply to reregister an FSP, follow these steps:
- Log in to your online services account.
- From the dashboard, use either the search options or the ‘FSP registrations’ tab to find and select the FSP.
- On the ‘View FSP details’ screen, choose the ‘Reregistration Request’ button.
- Provide the reason you’re applying for reregistration
- You have the option of providing documents to support your request.
- Read the declaration and confirm that you have done so.
- Select ‘Submit’.
What happens next
We will review your request and email you confirmation that this review is underway. You can also check the status of your request by checking the ‘Applications Saved or Under Review’ tab on your dashboard.
If we accept your request for reregistration, we’ll send you an email confirming this, and we’ll also advise:
- the DRS you belong to (if applicable), and
- any authorities you're licensed or certified by to provide financial services — that is, the FMA, Reserve Bank or Commerce Commission.
We must also give notice of all reregistrations to the general public. We do this by placing a notice of reregistration against your FSP on the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR). We’ll also publish a reregistration notice in the ‘News and notices’ section of our website.
You may also need to file an annual confirmation
You must file an annual confirmation within 20 working days if: