You need to have a RealMe® login and an online services account to access most of the services on the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR). There are no joining or maintenance fees and you'll only be charged for certain services.
Terms and conditions
When you create an online services account with us you're asked to agree to our terms and conditions, which help ensure the information you provide is kept secure. By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you're committing to keeping your account information on the FSPR up to date.
Our terms and conditions also set out your responsibilities as an online services account administrator and, in particular, managing access to our services by other users of your account.
1. Ensure you have a RealMe® login
To create an online services account you must first have a RealMe® username and password.
If you already have a RealMe login, you can use that here
If you have a RealMe username and password you've used elsewhere (for example, to update another Companies Office register or to renew your passport) click the 'Login' button at the top of the page. You can then set up your FSPR online services account with us, starting with choosing the type of account you need.
If you don’t have a RealMe login, you'll need to create one
If you don’t have a RealMe login, you will need to create one by doing the following:
- Select the 'Create' link at the top of this page.
- Select 'Create a RealMe login' and follow the instructions to create a username and password.
2. Choose the type of account you need
When you log in to the FSPR with RealMe for the first time, you’ll be asked what type of online services account you would like to set up, or if you’d like to join an existing organisation account.
There are 2 types of online services account:
- an individual account, and
- an organisation account.
- Select ‘I want to set up an individual account’ if you’ll be the only one using the account to personally manage FSP registrations.
- Select 'I want to set up an organisation account' to become the administrator of a new organisation account, where there'll be a number of people managing registrations on behalf of FSPs.
- Select 'I want to activate my user account' if you’ve received an invitation email (with an activation code) to join an organisation account as a user.
I want to set up an individual account
Choose this option if you want to set up an online services account to manage your individual FSP registration or the FSP registration of another FSP.
This type of account would typically suit a financial adviser who intends to work for (be engaged by) a financial advice provider (FAP).
Please note that your name will be given as the document presenter on public register filings, along with your postal address. If this poses a problem, you may wish to consider using a registered office address or box number when setting up your account.
To set up an individual account:
- Enter your personal details.
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Click ‘Create Individual Account’.
I want to set up an organisation account
Choose this option if you're creating an online services account on behalf of an organisation.
This type of account would typically suit a professional organisation, such as a financial service provider with more than one person managing FSP registrations, and allows you to add users to the account.
In setting up the organisation account, you become the account administrator, and can add or remove other account users and edit their details. You can also appoint another user to be an account administrator.
The organisation's general information and payment options apply to each user associated with your organisation.
The organisation will be shown as the document presenter (including the organisation name and the postal address) rather than the individual user's personal contact details.
To set up an organisation account:
- Enter your individual user details, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select 'Next Step: Create Organisation Account'.
- Enter your organisation and contact details, i.e. physical address etc.
- Enter your own contact details with the organisation.
- Click 'Create Organisation Account'.
Being an account administrator
Your role as an online services account administrator
As the person creating an online services account, you become the account administrator, and can add or remove other account users. You can also appoint another user to be an administrator of the account.
I want to activate my user account
Choose this option if you've received an email containing an activation code. This means an administrator of an existing FSP organisation online services account has begun the process of creating a user account on your behalf.
To activate your account as a new user:
- Enter your activation code and click 'Continue'.
- Complete all mandatory fields, if not already pre-populated.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click 'Create Individual Account'.
Next step — Confirming your authority to update information
Before you can use your online services account to manage an FSP’s information on the register, you must confirm that you have the authority to do so.
If you use your online services account to register an FSP, you’ll have your authority confirmed automatically. Otherwise, you’ll need to confirm to us that you’ve been authorised to access and update the FSP’s details.